Monday, February 15, 2010

Sorry It's Been So Long

Sorry it's been so long! I've had the flu and, once I got better, I had a luncheon to raise money for Project O. I'm still a little under the weather. Mainly with coughing and stuff, but I'm hoping that I can not overexert myself today and keep getting better.

I think you'd really like to read this post:
http://kissesfromkatie.blogspot.com/2010/02/she-was-eighteen-years-old-and-she-had.html

Honestly...I don't know if it has upset me or what, but I can tell you, I've wanted to do something like that for years. I've wanted to go to another country and help children. I want to adopt. But have I really counted the costs? Sometimes. Sometimes not. My husband is very much against the idea. I know that he doesn't want to give up the comforts. He's said to me before, 'I feel like I can't give you what you want.' I guess I never really thought that it was true. Only God can do that. But if my husband won't go with, what do I do? I promised God to obey him. I PROMISED God.

I live in a city that just pisses me off with a job that I don't like in an apartment that doesn't make me happy. I know that God is calling me to a new beginning, but I'm scared. I am afraid of it at times. I'm confused. Can He call me, but not my husband? What do I do?

It's something that I've always thought about and it really tears at my heart. I don't know. It's way more than I was going to think about today, but maybe I needed to...

8 comments:

  1. So sorry you have been sick. Hope you are much better. Sounds like GOD is working in your heart in a big way.
    Hugs, andrea

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK look. You are coming here in May, 2 more months. Lets see what God does while you are here. Pray for Steve, that God speaks to him while he is here. Pray that God gives you peace.
    Cant wait for you to be here. Wish you were going to be here longer. But God can work in a second so lets see what He does.
    Love you.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Since God is so amazing at how He can work in our lives, let's just keep this need in prayer for you and your hubby and watch and see how God intervenes if this is truly His calling for you.

    Hoping that each day leaves you feeling so much better, I too, am just getting over the effects of this flu!

    Love and Hugs ~ Kat

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am getting over the effects of pneumonia!! My heart is breaking over your struggle and I will keep you in my heart and prayers!! PS I am a new follwer!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just found your blog!! Love your pictures and...PRAY!!! Totally agree with Vashti..pray for God to unite you and your husband in everything, He totally will!!! God is AMAZING like that, but remember that His timing and out timing are NOT the same!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am right there with you. I want to go to third-world countries and minister to the people, the poor, the orphans. I beg and beg God to take me there.

    My husband has no such desire. I tried pulling, prodding, stamping my foot, but he doesn't budge.

    I finally decided I can't keep trying to run ahead of my husband. It's breaking my heart, and his in the process. I have stopped running ahead, and I now stand side by side with him. The two of us are one.

    So I said to God "You and you alone know the plans you have for me, for us. I am one with my husband, and we are one with You. So if there's somewhere you want us to go, then lay it on my husband's heart, and together we will serve You."

    Like you, I am in the winter of my discontent. I hate this city, this house...this life. But God doesn't. He loves this city, these people...my neighbors.

    So for now...I am in my cocoon, waiting for my wings. Sounds like you're there too. Don't worry or fret, just rest in God's Presence, and He will carry you into your destiny...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mrs D., can you reply to this comment with your email address? I have some more things I'd like to share with you...

    ReplyDelete