Sunday, November 27, 2011

Honor Your Mother And Father

This has not been the best holiday ever.  I know that there are some things that got blown out of proportion, the fact that my co-workers texted me in the middle of the holiday and I had to work with less than I normally have was not fun.  I'm trying to be faithful and kind and I blew it the other night.

What does it mean to "honor your father and mother" when it's so hard to be here?  Can you honor your father and mother from afar?  Or does the thought of honoring someone mean being in their presence?

Lessons have been learned and I fear that the bad moments are outshining the good ones.  How human is that?  

I hope your holidays held mainly good moments and that you let the bad ones slip away.  May the Lord bless you and keep you.  May the Lord make his face shine upon you and be gracious to you.  May the Lord look upon you with favor and give you and the whole world peace.

1 comment: