Friday, January 20, 2012

Thoughts For A Winter's Morning

I have been lazy.  Well, just when it comes to writing posts.  I can't help it.  It's been kind of a crazy week and the weekend will be just as crazy.  Tax season has started and I'm on my own and I've got things to do and things I would like to do.  But I thought that share some thoughts I had on the walk to the train today.

I wrote a post a long time ago about how I wanted to be me.  But I've found that I try and talk about God the way other people do.  I force it because I think that's what will make God happy.  But if He loves me for me, then I'm sure that He doesn't - why would He want me to try and speak the way that others do?  He didn't create me that way.  He created me this way.  So I'm going to try and talk about my Father in the way that I want, not the way I think others think I should talk about Him.

I also read a book about St. Therese of Lisieux.  In the Catholic Church, she's known as the Little Flower and she believed in scattering life with flowers for Jesus.  Her flowers were little acts of love because she knew that she would never be called to great acts - she considered herself a small child and looked to Jesus to carry her into heaven.  She died at the age of 24, having spent most of her life in a convent.

So why do I bring her up?  I have read a lot of things about being radical for God.  If I were to be honest, I don't know what that means.  Does it mean that I have to give up everything?  Of the people I know who speak of being radical for God, some have left their homes and become missionaries, some have not.  So obviously their definition of radical is different.  What I have found is that I am not destined for great things or great successes in my life.  I am but a small soul.  All I can ask is to spread flower petals at the feet of Jesus and sing a joyful song while I do so, no matter what.

To sit by those who drive me crazy, to smile at those who have hurt me and to sprinkle love on everything I do, no matter how small.  To come to Jesus empty-handed and to sing.

May you find your way to love today, in the way that is the most genuinely "you" and joyfully.

1 comment:

  1. I think that you are a great encourager. You care deeply for others and always give love and encouragement. And while it may not be an extravagant thing, it is something the everyone needs. Those little bits of encouragement and love that pick you up when your down and bring light to the darkest days. Your gift of encouragement is amazing! And you never know what God has for you down the road. I think it's important to be you and always ask God to guide your path. Love you!

    ReplyDelete