Monday, December 7, 2009

A Miracle


I just watched a video on adoption that calls it a 'miracle.' And I've always heard sports casters talking about 'miracles' on the court. And 'it was a miracle that the baby survived.' Those last ones...we know those are definitely miracles. The sports casters...eh. Not so much, in my opinion.

My husband and I were talking and I've been thinking about miracles. What defines a miracle?

This is what my husband said:
I think it's something that people can't control
I'd say when there's little/no hope but I think miracles can happen regardless of the situation
I think people take a lot of those little miracles for granted

I like the definition in the movie 'Pulp Fiction' (I also love to talk about it, if you couldn't tell): You're looking at this s*** the wrong way Vincent. Maybe God stopped the bullets, he changed Coke to Pepsi, he found my f**** car keys. Whether or not what we experienced was an According to Hoyle miracle is insignificant. What is significant is that I felt the touch of God. God got involved.

So I won the first and second prizes for the November Giveaway for Baby Be Blessed. I told Tina that I didn't want the first place prize because (yeah, this will sound weird) I don't really have any white children that I wanted to give the prizes too. I've been collecting them for Ethiopia and South Africa and I wanted Mary Margaret dolls. She wrote back and told me that she would give the dolls away to some children on her church's Angel Tree. But what was more important was she said that God must have wanted me to win both prizes because He knew I would give the prize away.

It kind of hit me. I never thought of it that way. I kind of thought of that as a miracle.

What do you consider a miracle? Have you ever had a miracle in your life?

3 comments:

  1. The day after Christmas, I had all four of my children in my car on the way to my parents house. I hit black ice and rolled the car. At 55 miles an hour. No one got hurt - at all! We walked away unscathed! It was a miracle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I forgot to say, I'm stopping by from SITS! Have a great day!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. More miracles than I can count. God continually outdoes Himself. Like you, I think too many people miss the miracles in their lives because they are not paying attention.
    Just imagine how excited those two little girls in her church will be when they get their dolls they prayed for.....if that is not a miracle, I don't know what is...
    Blessings, andrea

    ReplyDelete