Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Day 29: O-H-I-Rice


If I asked you what this shape was, could you guess? 



What if I showed you this next?

My sister-in-law sent me this Ohio-shaped cookie cutter a little while ago and I remember when I opened the package, I could NOT think of what it was.  My husband looked and me and pretty much just said, "SERIOUSLY?!"  Yeah.  We're both from Ohio.

Tomorrow is my 30th day...and my last.  30 days of rice dinners.  Well, 28, in the end.  It's like the February of rice dinners.  I'll have to sum it all up tomorrow.  I'll make it a good one, I swear.
_____________________________________________________________________________

I've been really interested in Rock And Wrap It Up! since I saw a report on them yesterday.  Here's what they're all about:
The Rock and Wrap It Up! Program boxes up all prepared but untouched meals following rock concerts, sporting events and schools then delivers them to local food banks and charitable agencies. Rock and Wrap It Up! also collects and distributes toiletries and cleaning products from hotels, schools and other participating donors.
Since its inception in 1991, Rock and Wrap It Up has:
  • Donated to over 43,000 shelters and places of need
  • Collaborated with 60 sports franchises, 150 bands, and 200 schools
  • Collected more than 250 million pounds of food
  • Fed more than 500 million people
Our partnerships include 150 music bands, 60 Professional Sports Franchises including the entire National Hockey league, Colleges like Columbia, UCLA, Univ. of Florida, Hotel chains including Marriott, Grand Hyatt, Sheraton, Film and television producers NBC/Universal and HBO. We wrote and helped pass the Federal Food Donation Act which encourages all federal buildings to feed the poor and not put food into land fill.


2 comments:

  1. Maybe you have seen these rainbow cupcakes...but just in case:
    http://monicajoy.tumblr.com/post/1264292112/late-post-but-i-finally-made-rainbow-cupcakes

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are beyond cute!! I had not seen those!

    ReplyDelete