Woohooo!!! I do enjoy friend-makin' Mondays! Though I do not appreciate Mondays in general. ;) If you'd like to join in, go visit Amber!
What are your favorite candles/scents?
Well, I might skip the candle part. I love candles, but I was never allowed to have them in college and I haven't really had any since. But, of my favorite smells they are...
1) Freshly mowed grass. I actually had more than one bottle of perfume that smelled like this. Does anyone else remember that the Gap had this scent?! Too bad I'm allergic to the real thing.
2) Chocolate cake. I baked a chocolate hostess cupcake cake this weekend and it smelled delicious!! (And it tastes great too)
This is not what I was baking this weekend, but similar. Except my cake was more lopsided and messy. There was cake EVERYWHERE.
3) Steve. Yes, I do enjoy the smell of my husband. Quite tasty, if I do say so myself.
And yes, this is my beautiful, wondrous husband here:
Feel free to be jealous.
4) Raspberries. I love the smell of raspberries so very much. And I love to devour them as well.
5) Rain. I love the smell of rain in the fall. Something about it mixing with the leaves. It just makes me happy.
WAIT! Don't go yet. I wanted to share this with everyone. I've shared it before, but I wanted to share it with the Friend-Makin' Monday crowd :)
This is Baby Paxton.
He was born with only half of a heart. At 4 days old, he underwent heart surgery. 4. DAYS. OLD. That is so crazy to me. I pulled some glass out of my foot today and I was a big baby about it. He would have done WAY better then me if he can do surgery at 4 days old.
The ladies over at Baby Be Blessed (who are super awesome) have chosen Baby Paxton as their Give A Blessing recipient for November.
Of course, they are trying to raise money. But it's more than that.
They want your prayers too.
If you can't donate, that's fine! Prayers are probably more important anyway. We can give in so many ways, whether it be money or our words to God.
If you'd like to help out, here's what you can do (From the Baby Be Blessed website):
FIRST~SEEK GOD ON HOW HE WANTS YOU TO HELP!!
~PRAY! Visit their website and let them know you are praying!
~SPREAD THE WORD!! Grab a copy of the chipin widget below and place it on your blog/website!!
If you'd like to track the progress with me, you can view it here: