Tuesday, November 10, 2009

A Leap Of Faith

"When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, 'I used everything you gave me.'" -Erma Bombeck


I'm 24 years old and maybe I'm a little bit crazy. I know that I've done a lot of things in my life, but I feel like...sitting at this desk (yes, I am at work right now) and trying to make sure that the 500 people who absolutely LOVE John Mayer hear his CD are just...not important.

Have you ever heard of the World Race?

A friend told me about it awhile ago...Like a year ago. Maybe more. And, for some reason, it just popped into my head.

It's a pilgrimage, a mission trip. 11 months and 11 countries.

I think it would be amazing. And terrifying.

I think part of that is because I have a job, I'm married. Steve is certified in his field. And then you up and just leave for a year? What do you come back to?

I don't know. Steve is saying that I could probably go and he would stay. But it's 11 months without my husband and I don't know how much I would/should/could do that.

Like Erma Bombeck says, I just want to use up all He's given me. I think that He's given me love and I'd really like to use it.

Maybe something will happen after we visit Vashti and her orphans this coming May. I guess we'll see where God leads us, right?

The World Race from Adventures In Missions on Vimeo.



P.S. I hope I'm not bringing anyone down. You know how you reevaluate everything you do sometimes? It's been one of those months :)

4 comments:

  1. That sounds awesome. My cousin does things like that. She has been all over the world, and has even served as a missionary in Tibet. I envy her that she has the courage to do those things. Good luck if you decide to do it. But if not, know that you are still doing God's work by being yourself and serving others as it seems you do!

    Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am having one of those days too! but I have kids to add to the mix. Maybe I just need a break. It's not any better...may be a bit worse. Feeling so over it today. Pray.
    Love you.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Let the Lord lead you. Pray fervently about it and ask for His direction. Since your husband is open to it you don't have to worry. Let the Lord tell you what to do and then just do it. Don't worry about the future. God will take care of the future. The important thing is obedience to God.

    Thanks for adding to the discussion over at Our Fruitful Vine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You will know what to do when the time comes...you just have to believe and trust. Sounds pretty simple and it really is that simple....spoken by an old lady ;)

    ReplyDelete