Friday, June 26, 2009

I Feel Like a Whore

As most of you know, Michael Jackson died yesterday. I helped MTV cover it a little bit before going home. I found out my co-workers were here until 1am fixing up the website so that it's all Michael, all the time.

Now, I am putting up promos for people to buy his records.

I feel like a whore.

Yes, this is a big deal, but people dogged him all his life and he's finally at peace. Why are we profiting off his death? People are selling t-shirts and water bottles at the Apollo Theatre in Harlem and people have to stand in front of his body so people won't take a picture of it.

Can't we respect the dead just a little bit?

3 comments:

  1. They make such a big deal out of the same man that everyone was chasing around with torches and pitchforks for being a "child molester" a year ago. Fickle much?

    He will be missed, he made an impact on music for sure...but let the man pass in peace.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree.....come on people.

    The man is dead and although anyones death is sad, I must say at least he is at peace.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its all just so sad! I am wondering though if he is at peace. That thought makes me even sader.

    ReplyDelete