Thursday, May 28, 2009
It's Thankful Thursday! I like these things. I need to do them more often.
1) I am thankful for my Toms!! Have you ever heard of Toms Shoes? For every pair you buy, they give a pair of shoes to a child in need. I need some new shoes (my old shoes smelled. My mom tried to make me get rid of them last time I visited and I refused. They couldn't be in the apartment, they smelled so bad).
2) My church family. We were just inducted as members of our church and I've made so many wonderful friends so quickly! It's a great community that holds the same beliefs I do and shows so, SO much love. I don't think I've been in a church with this much love before.
3) That we will have enough money for rent! NYC rent kills. Even in Harlem. So I'm just thankful we got it!
4) I am thankful that I'm going to California next week. I work for MTV and if you have teenage kids, you'll know that this Sunday is the Movie Awards. I will be working them. I start working Sunday evening at 5pm, work until 4am, then I have a hotel room in Times Square, then back to work at 9am and I may be working until midnight. But we'll see. Either way, California will be a welcome respite! I wish it were Hong Kong, but I have to wait for that.
5) It is my parents anniversary today! And, if he were still with us, it would be my Papa's 77th birthday. It made me really miss my family. I can't see them until August, but that's better then December (that would have been a year!)
My Papa LOVED my mom's food. Loved it. And if you knew my mom, you would know that she puts LITERALLY a pound of butter in everything she makes. I told my husband that I knew that my Papa would be eating the most buttery, heart-clogging thing at God's table. Steve said that, no matter what it was, it probably only had half as much butter as my mom uses.
Oh, oh!!! I have a 6.
6) That we got our new sponsor child!! I know this sounds weird, but for our anniversary, Steve sponsored another child. An 11-year-old boy from India and he looks so sweet in his picture!! I can't wait to send letters. :-D