Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Weird

It's been a strange morning. My uterus has been trying to slowly kill me today and I'm just feeling generally...weird.

So a few weeks ago, I didn't realize I was standing on a woman's foot on the subway and she literally pushed me. Ever since then, I've had trepidation about standing in the middle of the subway car. For those not familiar, it would be away from the doors and standing between the two rows of seats. For me, I don't care if I get a seat as long as I don't have to worry about stepping on other people and getting the smack down.

I know that I was being weird and maybe a little whiny on the subway. I had a lot to carry (including a whole thing of cupcakes). So some seats opened up and so did the prime real-estate by the doors that don't open (except at 110. I'm on the 2,3 line). Didn't make it in time. Visibly disappointed.

This woman is sitting there and as she's reading her paper, just starts going off about an "ignorant b*tch". She is going on and on and on. Then I hear somebody say, "Please stop." Steve and I just keep looking at each other. He told me that the woman I guess was talking about the cupcakes he was holding too. So we go through the ride, I'm nearly falling into someone's lap and I tell Steve that I'm not going to be able to get out with the cupcakes and he says he's going to come with me. He pretends to rest the container on my head. At that point, I don't really care. Sit them on my head!

Then, as we turn to get out, the woman gets up and says, "Alright, Princess." She was looking in my direction. My direction. Am I the "ignorant b*tch"? I'm not sure. I didn't think so. I didn't want a seat and, yes, maybe I was a little more irritable then normal. I don't know. I have more of an issue with being called "Princess" than "Ignorant b*tch". Steve doesn't think she was talking about me. I have no clue. Which is why I feel more confused then angry.

I just don't understand New York sometimes. I'm just kind of fed up at the moment for a variety of reasons. Some of which are from what appears to be my waking up on the wrong side of the bed. I've been praying for a bit of piece. I know it'll come if I just stop dwelling on it all, you know? But there's a part of me that won't let it rest.

Oh well. Soon enough. God is here, I just need to listen. And look up plane flights to somewhere else :)

Edit: My husband says that he doesn't believe this woman was talking about me because she was calling the "ignorant b*tch" a "fatass" and he says that I have a "cute butt". :) He knows how to make me smile!

1 comment:

  1. Boy did you ever bring back memories of riding on the NY subway! There were always so many whackoos that rode during the hours I did but overall, I never really had a problem. I was kind of like you and your husband. Just stare straight ahead and try not to say a word or look at anyone. Love your husband's comment! Who knows who she was talking to...could have been in the next car..LOL!
    Things seem to get better once we truly just give them up to God. Hard to do...I know. It will work out...just keep that smile going!

    ReplyDelete