Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Gives Me Hope

So I'm off from work today because I'm sick. I was at work yesterday and everyone has infants or is pregnant and why should I make them sick? So here I am, watching Maury. I'm just waiting for Judge Alex.

I was just searching the internet yesterday and found an AWESOME website. Have you ever heard of F My Life? So it's when you have awful things happen in your life and you submit it to the website. Here's an example.

Today, my girlfriend broke up with me because I didn't call her in the last few days. I tried to explain to her that I was out at my grandfather's house in a remote place with no cell service to stand by him on his death bed. She thought I was making excuses and called me a lying bastard. FML

BUT I found a GREAT website called Gives Me Hope. It's pretty much the same thing, but it's even better. I found some of my favorites and I wanted to share them.

The other day, I went to the grocery store to pick up a few things. While walking through the parking lot, I noticed a man stand on his shopping cart, and give a few good pushes before jumping on. He smiled and laughed the entire way, loving life. He was about 50 and wearing a business suit. GMH.

When I was a little kid, I was sitting on one of the rocking rides waiting for my mom to finish shopping. A man walking by saw me, put a quarter in, and then walked out of the store. I still haven't forgotten that day. GMH.

Today in the Walmart parking lot I saw an older couple, not exactly what you would call fit, leaving the store. The woman was carrying a bag and the man leaned over and took it from her. Thats when I saw him whisper something in her ear. Suddenly she broke into a run, as did he. She won the race to the truck. Her prize was a kiss. GMH.

Today, I stopped at a local used book store that is located on a pretty bad street in my neighborhood. Bringing my books to the front of the store, I met the owner, a quadriplegic man who asked me to put the money for the purchase into his front pocket. He has ran the store for 3 years and never once been robbed. GMH.


I think it's a really great website. I love all the ones about true love and such. Here's the website, if you'd like to see it.

www.givesmehope.com

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing....I love to read stories of love and faith also.

    There is still lots of good in this world and it is nice to read about it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it so much nicer to look at the positive side of life? What great stories..off to bookmark & read when I need that "give me hope" moment. Feel better!!

    ReplyDelete