Wednesday, July 29, 2009
What You Never Thought You'd Know
This is one of my favorite photos. We were at the Forbidden City in Beijing and when all these Chinese students saw us, they would all start shouting, 'Hi!' So we got almost their whole class together (their teacher is on the left) and took a picture. My sister (she's in the back, towards the right) was VERY popular and half the kids asked if she could come with them for the rest of the day.
Facebook is rife with silly surveys. Secretly, I like filling them out...but re-posting them on Facebook is always a little weird for me. So instead, I'll just put it on here and you can re-post it if you want. ;)
Here are 25 'facts' about me:
1. I hate red delicious apples and blue pens. I refuse to use/eat/touch these items. I avoid them at all costs.
2. I do voice-over work for MTV.
3. I have a few secrets that most people wouldn't consider secrets...I guess it's a left-hand not knowing the right-hand issue.
4. I've been to 18 countries.
5. I will have been on 5 continents by the time I'm 25 1/2. Which isn't too shabby!! :)
6. Spongebob Squarepants is probably the funniest show I've ever seen. And I watch it almost daily with my husband.
7. I play rhythms in my head when I get bored and do repetitive motions to go along with those rhythms.
8. I go into my own little world quite often. If you talk to me and it doesn't seem like I listen, shake me.
9. I want to live internationally for the rest of my life. Hell, if I could be digging wells in Vietnam or teaching English in Cambodia, I would consider my life a success.
10. I have a fixation on serial killers and murderers. I read a lot of stuff on the Crime Library; I can't understand how you could do that to a person.
11. I've been on the verge of an eating disorder for most of my life...but I think I'm finally getting over it.
12. I'm a different kind of sentimental. I get rid of things that I don't need anymore, but don't lose any attachment when they're gone. (My friends thought I was nuts for giving up my wedding dress...)
13. There are three words I positively HATE: Moist, Succulent, Naughty
14. I've bungee jumped off the one of the world's highest buildings. I've been skydiving too...but now I'm debating on skydiving in South Africa. :-D
15. My husband and I name rats that we see in the subway and then create story lines for them while we're waiting for the subway.
16. I taught my brother Shakespeare when he was three years old.
17. I could eat sushi for every meal for the rest of my life. HA! Well...except maybe breakfast where I would need cinnamon raisin peanut butter on bread.
18. I spell my first name wrong more often then I should.
19. I still can't sign my last name. I get H-U-D...and then the rest is squiggles.
20. My favorite movie is Pulp Fiction, especially the end part when they're discussing miracles.
21. I want to adopt children instead of having my own. Every child deserves to be loved.
22. I talk to pigeons when they walk in front of me.
23. I still have two baby teeth.
24. I like to imagine myself as a wonderful dancer. I'm really not.
25. I still don't understand how football works.