Thursday, July 23, 2009

Thankful Thursday!

Thankful Thursday at Truth 4 the Journey

Thank you, Sonya, for Thankful Thursday! Here are the things that I'm thankful for. There's somewhat of a theme to it, I guess. This has a been a week of compromise, but I'm okay with that. :)

1) While my husband has finally put a stop to my shoe buying, he did let me buy 9 pairs of shoes for 'my kids.' So that made me happy. Though I just found the CUTEST camo Tiny TOMS...(Update: He let me buy one pair!!)

2) While I have to put the Teaching English As A Second Language Certificate program on hold (we just can't afford it), I am able to go on many wonderful trips that I know I'll always remember. And that I'm already planning WAY too far in advance. :)

3) I have just about two weeks before I get to see my family!!! I only get to see them twice a year, so I'm really excited. Hong Kong, here I come!!

4) Though I'm DEFINITELY not losing weight, I'm working on loving myself the way I am. I'm not overweight...but I'm still not buying a bathing suit. I'm just proud of myself for purchasing shorts. I haven't worn shorts in 6 years.

5) Though my job isn't ideal, I still have one, so that's good!

6) Though we don't have a lot of money right now, we still have enough to give to people who need it. God has provided so much to us and what are we going to do with most of it anyway? Nothing that important. We can't take it with us. It may as well go to other people. As long as we can pay rent and eat, I think we're doing pretty good.

7) Though there has been some crazy shiz this week, all my friends are okay and no one appears to be hurt. I love you all!!!

4 comments:

  1. Hi
    we don't have much money just now too but God always provides and we always have so much to be thankful to God for!
    Collette xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you too! and we are ok!
    I wish I could go to Hong Kong!
    love youxxxx
    ps camo toms sound amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was a great list! Hong Kong! WOW! What an adventurous life. Enjoy!

    Sonya Lee

    ReplyDelete
  4. God is such a faithful Father and Provider. What a blessing!

    ReplyDelete