Saturday, January 16, 2010

Like Myself...But On Crack

Do you ever have a day where you just kick some a- and take some names with all the things that you SWORE you were going to do? Oh yeah. It's one of those days. Which is great because Friday kind of sucked. :) But God is good and he turns the tables and today was great!

Picked up a cupcake stand (though now I need to get new 6' cake pans because the stand is square), a 24-muffin tin, CUP-A-CAKES (tell me you don't want to say that 10 times fast), a crap ton of baking supplies and my shoes for the wedding. Right now, I'm making black bean soup, preparing mangos, and am about to bake a ham.

My husband is now the best man for his brother's wedding and we're trying to plan his Ohio bachelor party from NYC. Dave and Busters is good, but they need a 20 person party (at least that's what the website says), but we can't pay for that and I don't think he wants 20 people. So, we'll see.

I read a funny thing about Martin Luther in my devotional by Dietrich Bonhoeffer (getting the Lutherans together, most def). It's about people asking what God did before he created the Earth. Martin Luther's response was that God made switches for people that asked useless questions. HA! Oh, that Martin Luther. What a joker.

How's your day been? Are you feeling on fire or are you having a laid back day? Hope all is well! Baking cupcakes on Monday and I'll post the results. And I'll let you know about the black bean soup :)

5 comments:

  1. Cupcakes sound like such a perfect treat right now. Though I may have to settle for a big mug of hot cocoa on this grey, rainy day.

    Stopping by from SITS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry - I got distracted once I read "cupcake." LOL!! I actually NAPPED today. That never happens! (YAY me!) happy SITS Saturday Sharefest!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Martin Luther was rather a sarcastic fellow. Too bad some of those quips didn't make it into his catechisms!

    What the heck is a Cup-a-cakes?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well you are just full of surprises, little miss D! Cooking up a storm, planning parties, writing fabulous stories. You rock!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not a kick but day yesterday but today is going to be different. Stopping by from SITS

    ReplyDelete