Saturday, January 2, 2010

My Statistics

I was all sorts of excited for this post when I was on the plane! I know...because I'm a huge dork. So here are my statistics for this last trip.

Number of Countries Visited: 3
Number of Languages Spoken in These Countries: 100+
Number of People Who Asked Us About President Obama: 3


Their tag line was 'Want good food? YES WE CAN!' Oh, Philippines.

Number of new foods tried: 5
1. Longganisa (Philippine sausage)
2. Beef tapas
3. Pork tocino
4. Daing na bangus (salted and dried milkfish!)
5. Himalayan yak cheese (We went to a Nepalese restaurant)


Daing na bangus!

Number of arks built to biblical standards in the world: 1
Number of arks that I visited in Hong Kong: 1


The world's only biblically-sized ark! It is HUGE. I can totally see how Noah got all the animals in there.

Number of times I was patted down at an airport: 9

The Philippines are...some what dangerous? There were some kidnappings and...terrorist murders the week before we left. So before you could enter the airport, they patted you down. Then you went into security and they patted you down again. Then I was patted down in Vancouver before being allowed to get back on our plane to New York.

Number of movies watched on airplanes: 4
Number of TV shows watched on airplanes: 6
Number of hours it took to get to our resort in the Philippines: 12
Number of times I want to go back to Kalibo Airport: 0

Number of sea horses used in the medicine for my sister's boyfriend's father: 10+


Traditional Chinese medicine. There is a gecko on there, as well as shark's fins.

Woohoo!! Other side notes: my brother scuba dived in the path of a jellyfish and got a nasty rash all over his face, a woman we think was either mentally unstable or had Turrets (but there is reason to think that she didn't) swore at us in both English and Cantonese, I ate more food out of a toilet, we spent New Year's Eve in Macau at a Cirque de Soleil show, and realized how out of shape I'm getting.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

So how are you doing? I'm good, just tired. I've seen that everyone was posting, but I was unable to read them. I need to go back and do that.

Also, it appears that there is some MAJOR craziness going on in the life of my brother-in-law and he's taking it in stride, but he's SUPER stressed. Could you please pray for him? Also, if you could, visit Arise 2 Write, there's a prayer request there too.

1 comment:

  1. Why did your sister's boyfriend's dad need Chinese medicine? And I totally want to eat at the Obama grill! That's fantastic!

    ReplyDelete