Monday, April 6, 2009

Invisible Children

So I work at MTV.  And I have a LARGE space in my heart for children.  The Rescue is coming up April 25th.  The Rescue is where tens of thousands of people will sleep outside in solidarity with the children who must walk miles and miles per night to be safe from kidnap.  Who would kidnap them?  Joseph Kony, the leader of the LRA, has been kidnapping children to train them as soldiers or use them as sex slaves.  So this one night, we will be "abducted", like those children have been abducted.  And we will wait for rescue, just as those children do every day.  We will ask for our rescuers to be "moguls" and "media".  We need someone famous who can elevate the story and make it more than just a blip on the radar.  We need help!  We need hope!

Unfortunately, without anyone famous, I don't think MTV News will do anything.  I've been praying that God will change their hearts and just let them say yes and cover the story - hell, I'll even write something for it!!!

think.mtv.com said that they'd put a promo up for it.  I can only hope.  I may even see if Buzzworthy would be able to do something (it's an MTV blog).  Would you want to help us out too?

http://therescue.invisiblechildren.com

1 comment:

  1. Looks like a fun trip. Wow that's a really far away place to go. Thanks for visiting my blog. I hope you come back. The prayer box is a great idea...you can steal it if you want:)

    ReplyDelete