Thursday, April 16, 2009

What Is a Miracle?

This is going to sound ridiculous, but I love gangster movies. Gangster, mafia movies and one of my favorite movies of all time is Pulp Fiction (Love Quentin Tarantino!). AND I find that there's a part that has also given me some faith and is part of how I love God today. It comes at the end, at the diner scene, after Jules and Vincent have accidentally shot their partner in the face.

(I scrubbed it for you too ;) )

Jules: What is a miracle, Vincent?

Vincent: An act of God?

Jules: And what's an act of God?

Vincent: When God makes the impossible possible...but this morning I don't think qualifies.

Jules: Hey Vincent, don't you see that s**t don't matter? You're judging this s**t the wrong way. I mean it could be, God stopped the bullets, he changed Coke to Pepsi, he found my f***ing car keys. You don't judge s**t like this based on merit. Now, whether or not what we experienced was an according-to-Hoyle miracle is insignificant. But what IS significant is that I felt the touch of God. God got involved.

ISN'T THAT WHAT IT REALLY IS?! Isn't it?! Maybe He didn't cure us from something we find awful, but maybe He let us see that something awful in a different way? It's the touch of God that's important.

Here's the clip it's from. It's about 1:34 in that the conversation happens. By the way, uncensored. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment