Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Day 8: Sick Rice

I think my rice and I are feeling about the same.  I've spent most of my day on the couch drinking orange juice (my husband is always quick to point out the ounces and time...so YES, I have drank 89 fluid ounces of orange juice in less than 24 hours) and watching the Investigation Discovery channel.  I'm a true crime nut.  Once the crappy shows come on, I turn on either the Food Network or Spongebob Squarepants.

Best story about my love of Spongebob: I was at our Common Ground church service (which is normally a younger crowd on Thursday nights) and I was talking with someone who works as a nanny and we were discussing Spongebob.  A girl was standing there and she said, "I didn't know you had kids!"  I said, "I don't...I just really like Spongebob."  The look on her face was priceless.

But that's all I got today.  Hopefully I can be more pithy and intelligent tomorrow.
_______________________________________________________________________________

Here's what I've got today.  How food waste hurts your wallet and the environment (because we need EVERY reason it's bad and we already know that it's effects others):

3 comments:

  1. Where is my comment? I wrote yesterday! I am thinking I probably didn't type the security word? ugh! Who knows?! I just wrote I hope you feel better soon and I was also wondering if you can eat any other type of rice? (besides white with lots of garlic LOL!) like Mexican Rice! If you can add some other flavor let me know... I can give you some easy recipes! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooo! Thank you for the well-wishes, Paloma!! :) I appreciate it. Maybe I could try Mexican Rice? I need to kick the garlic!

    ReplyDelete