Friday, March 25, 2011

Dreaming of Rice

Aspire not to have more but to be more.
~Bishop Oscar Romero


I promise that I'm still eating my rice dinners.  But last night...was the first time...that I forgot to take a picture.  Well, I shouldn't say forgot.  I should say that I was feeling slightly neurotic about my cake and just shoveled the food into my mouth.  Not my shining hour.

I will admit, that I was trying to trust God last night, as my husband pulled out of the parking lot to take the cake to our church.  I had to just let it go and I said, "Into your hands, O Lord, I commend this cake."   Made it there safely and in one piece :)

I don't think I'll have a rice picture tonight either.  I forgot that we're going to see Anything Goes.  I just want to go home and crawl in bed!  It'll be good though.  I was in the musical when I was in high school and it'll be good to see it.

Last thing!
Anyone here live in NYC?  Or Brooklyn?  Or just want to visit the Brooklyn Flea?

I'm going to be contributing some Easter Bonnet shortbreads.  I'm so excited!  If you would like to donate to the effort in Japan, but can't buy a baked good, feel free to donate HERE.  100% of the funds will go to Peace Winds Japan, who is also the partner for Mercy Corps.

No comments:

Post a Comment