Monday, March 21, 2011

Rice Weekend

I promise you that I did eat my rice this weekend and did take pictures, but there was some craziness and I haven't had a chance to post them.  I'll try and post them tonight while I make some cake.  :)

But I have a question for you.  What would you do in these situations? 

1) You're in the subway.  There's a man sliding along the floor in front of a small convenience stand.  He appears to grab something, but you can't see what.  The man appears to be homeless.

OR

2) You are waiting to cross the street when you actually see a bicyclist hit a young woman.  They both fall over.  He picks up his bike and keeps going, pretending that it didn't happen.  People start yelling at him, grab his bike and refuse to let him go until he goes to apologize to the girl since he didn't even help her up.  He yells at the people holding him, telling them that they're hurting him and that he's going to be late to work.  He finally goes back, but barely says anything to the girl he hit who has a split lip and scraped hands.  Then, the mob mentality that has already taken over continues and people start yelling obscenities at him and tell him that they hop he gets hit by a car and dies.

On a lighter note: I'm hoping to be baking for the Bakesale for Japan that will be taking place across the country!

I'm hoping to make something like this:
 (Credit: Bakerella)
Shortbread Easter bonnets!!  That's my hope.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for your prayers, encouragement, and support.
    andrea

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're my hero, did you know that? Eating rice and baking cakes...I mean Easter bonnets. We gave through the Good Samaritin's Purse for Japan, but if I could bake like you do - I would go for it.

    You rock, Danae!!!

    Are you describing NY? That sounds so crazy. We only get to see stuff like that on TV.

    ReplyDelete