Monday, October 12, 2009
Woot! Always a fun time of the week. If you'd like to join, please click here.
Here's the question:
What are you going to be for Halloween?
My pumpkin is in the middle...with the ketchup and mustard and the bottle in it's mouth.
So, it's been awhile since we've dressed up. Actually, this year, we're just ECSTATIC that we can pass out candy. We haven't been able to pass out candy since we've been married and we're just so excited!! We have to sign up to do it and put a special sticker on our door so that kids know that they can knock (we live in an apartment building).
But I can tell you what I HAVE been for Halloween in years past.
1) Velma. My husband, when he lets his facial hair grow and wears a green shirt looks EXACTLY like Shaggy. So we went as Velma and Shaggy to a Halloween party once.
2) The Boston Tea Party. Yes, I'm somewhat of a nerd. I wore one of my mom's old prom dresses, a tie-dye shirt, and a floral crown. I was like, 14. Give me a break.
3) Cereal killer. I covered a black sweatsuit with mini-boxes of cereal.
4) Ghost. But not just any ghost. My mom cut out a hole on the top of the sheet and stuck my ponytail through it. Then, she put lipstick around the mouth hole and eye shadow and mascara (this is all in paint) over the eye holes. I was the cutest darn ghost around.
5) Ophelia. My brother is awesome. He is the coolest kid on the block. His first year trick-or-treating, he carried a skull around and was Hamlet. He was 7. A 7-YEAR-OLD DRESSED UP AS HAMLET!!! I taught him young. :) So we went to a costume party together. I was Ophelia and he was Hamlet.
What about you? You have any costume plans?