Thursday, October 22, 2009
Thankful Thursday! (And A Prayer Request)
I love Thankful Thursday. So very much. If you'd like to join in with this meme, please feel free and click here.
1) I am thankful that my husband is as ridiculous as I am. Sure, maybe we're a bit immature, but I've only been out of college for 2 1/2 years now!
Here are some text messages between us that took place while I was at work and he was at the grocery store:
Steve: Anything other than fruit?
Danae: Your mom. And maybe some cat food? But that's it.
Steve: My mom is sold out.
Danae: Dang it! Well, also, if you could buy some sexy? But just get a receipt in case I want to bring it back.
Steve: Sexy is out too. You can only get it packaged with your dad.
Danae: I don't think I want any then. But thanks for looking!
2) I am thankful that my sister got a job! She's going to be a massage therapist in Ohio and I couldn't be prouder of her!
3) I am thankful for our freedoms. Though I'd love to move overseas, America has so many freedoms that we don't even think of. Did you ever read about the Hong Kong actor who had taken video of all the actresses he had sex with? It was a HUGE scandal in Hong Kong and the Hong Kong mafia was offering HK$500,000 for this man's hands.
For my mom, it wasn't a big deal until she saw the police arresting people and they had bags over their heads. She said it was a huge wake-up call that they aren't exactly living in a democracy.
4) I am thankful for my voice-over work. My voice-over work at MTV is pretty much making it so that we can travel to South Africa/Ethiopia this coming May and that I can go Christmas shopping and such.
5) I am thankful for God's love and that there are so many people spreading it. My church shows it's love during a community luncheon that they host every month for those without home or food enough. And you! I can't believe all the things everyone in the blogosphere does! You are incredible!
6) I am thankful for my family. I miss them, but I'm going to see them in December. Hong Kong, be prepared!
7) I am thankful that my husband has loved me these 10 years. We haven't been married for 10 years, but we'll have been together for 10 years on November 3rd. I don't know what my life would be without him, honestly.
Also, could you please say a prayer for my friend Sam, her father, and her family? Her father went into the hospital yesterday with heavy breathing and sweating. He has stints in his heart and three of them are blocked. He has a triple bypass scheduled for tomorrow. Would you please pray that God be with the surgeons and that he have a fast recovery time? Thank you.