Thursday, October 1, 2009
I love thankful Thursdays, especially during bad weeks or months because I can pay attention to what God has done for me. If you'd like to join, please visit here.
What am I thankful for...
1) Our new apartment! I feel much safer now that we're there, it's a calmer neighborhood, and I have met the nicest people.
2) Stories. Whenever my mom calls me, it brightens my day. Not just because it's my mom, but she always has another story. My parents and younger brother live in Hong Kong and it's never a dull moment. My dad was in mainland China and it was a holiday, but he had to work. So he took all the people who were in the office (like 5 or 6) out to lunch. He was showing them a picture of my family and there were interpreters there. So all these little ladies are talking in Chinese about my family and the interpreter says, 'They thought your daughter was Mariah Carey.' He's talking about my younger sister. When my dad told my mom, she said, 'Mariah Carey is 40!! How old do they think you are?!' My parents are both 47 and look younger. ;)
3) That God is answering my prayers, even if they aren't in the way that I want them answered. That's okay with me. I figure that He knows best anyway, right? So I'm just trying to go with the flow and not let work bother me. Though it is hard.
4) For my ridiculous friends. My friend Lauren is taking me to Zombiewalk to de-stress this weekend. You dress like a zombie and they drop you off at a shopping mall or something and then you walk around...like a zombie. Lauren is my go-to friend for the most silly events in New York and New Jersey. So I'm excited.
5) THAT I MIGHT BE GETTING A CAT SOON!!!! I was supposed to go to the shelter tonight to take care of cats, but I'm sick and I'm just trying to only work and go home and sleep. But on October 10th, I'm going 'cat shopping' at the New York Animal Control. This is how sad it is...the cats are buy one, get one free. I'M NOT JOKING. This is how many cats they have. In fact, over the summer, if you picked out a cat a year or older to take home, it was free. Including shots, spaying/neutering, the first veterinarian visit, and a goodie bag. Insane. And they still are putting cats down. :( I never thought I'd be an animal person, but maybe I am. ;)
6) That God is changing me. I was talking to my friend and she said, you are NOT the person I met three years ago. But she was so excited for it. And I am too :)
7) I am thankful that my friend has signed up for Mustaches vs. Cancer!! If you would like to donate (or, if you are a man with mustache-growing capabilities, join), please visit here!
What are you thankful for?