Thursday, October 15, 2009
I love Thankful Thursday. A person I know posted on Facebook, 'If you're having trouble getting sleep, count your blessings instead of sheep.' And I like that. So that's what we're going to do today! If you'd like to join in, click here.
What am I thankful for?
1) Vindaloo! I love our new kitty even though she felt like waking us up at 6am this morning. We are (lazy) lucky people and don't have to get up until 7:45-8:00am to go to work. But Vindaloo is keeping us on our toes. And batting at our faces way too early.
2) Youth TOMS! I was thankful for these last week because they were supposed to come out. They came out this week instead!!
3) For my church family. I'm on the stewardship committee at church and we're getting ready for Consecration Sunday in November. They push me to love God in ways that I feel I am not good at. But I'm working on it. And they've also convinced me to run a luncheon. It's a good thing I like to cook and set things up...
4) My health! I just got a check-up. Though my cholesterol is a little high, they said that my good cholesterol is SO high, that it's helpful. Which is good. Heart disease runs in my family. I need to be more diligent about my eating! But, they said, for the most part, I'm good :)
5) That God loves and cares for me. I'm dumb. And I do dumb things. But God loves me even in my blondest moment, my darkest hour, and my most joyous song and what could be better than that?
6) My husband! In a few weeks, we'll have been together for 10 years. Not married, but together. We started dating when I was 14 and he was 15 and I wouldn't ask for it any other way.
What are you thankful for?